Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Reflections On the Naturalization Ceremony

The following are several posts I made to Facebook regarding the day/event of becoming a US Citizen on March 21, 2012.

I am overwhelmed by all the responses to me becoming an American citizen today--thank you from the bottom of my heart. It has been a long road to this point. The United States has been good to me and a place that I would like to consider home for the rest of my life. Fortunately I am able to be a dual citizen. I will always treasure my Canadian element (and you know who I will cheer for in hockey).

I would like to give a special shout out to members of the CC(C)S family from my early years in Houston. We had a lot of laughs, and serious talks about the whole Canada-US thing and I will treasure those times.

I want to thank my wonderful wife for her help in the green card and citizenship process. Her persistence helped get things done quicker (mainly getting me going faster). I love you honey and am grateful for all you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment